Important: this feature requires the optional Point Of Sale module for WMS.
The following workflow describes how to make New Sale entry in DataPos.
Step 1: Double click on WMS shortcut from desktop
Step 2: Enter username and password and press OK
Step 3: Go to Sales register
Step 4: Find on left side under Shortcut ‘’ Start DataPos’’
Step 5: One click on ‘’Start DataPos’’ and the screen will open
Screen will open in position as ‘’Make New Sales’’ and ready to make a sale.
If you need to lock the DataPos screen for some reason click F11 or at the right top ‘’Lock DataPos’’ and the screen will be lock. To unlock the screen press F11 and retype the username and password and click Ok.
There is two ways how to make sales:
Cash sales- if you need to enter details as customer name or delivery address you need to click on right hand ‘’Show more options’’. Here you can type additional details for Cash customer or choose customer from drop-down menu.
For Account customer sales – open on right hand ‘’Show more options’’ and click on drop down menu next to the customer field and choose the customer or click at the top of the screen ‘’Customer search’’ and lookup for customer.
There is two ways how to enter/choose product:
1. Scan product code
2.Scan product batch serial number not accepted
3. Manual entry of product code .
You can use advanced search by press Ctr+Enter or press at the top ‘’Stock search’’and lookup the product code or search by description.
- Enter product units or if/and using scanner need to scan the product as many times as needed to get the right product units.
- Check the price or if needed enter/edit the price manually or click at the bottom ‘’Change value’’ and enter the new price and click OK.
- If need to apply a discount highlight the line and click at the bottom ‘’% Discount’’ and enter % of discount or click on ‘’$ Discount’’ to apply $ value and click OK.
NOTE: If you want to apply discount for whole sale rather than each product than after you enter all products for sale at the right bottom you can manually enter % or $ value of discount.
When all products are entered choose the sales person, referral course and shipping method. For Cash Sales shipping method will be ‘’Pick up’’ id no need for shipping.
- When all products is on sale and discounts or price change been applied (if needed) then we can proceed to payment.
- Click ‘’Process Payment’’
- Choose the payment type and payment amount for this sale and click ‘’Receipt’’.
For example if cash customer order is $241 and he will give you $250. You need to enter $250 and system will calculate the payment change.
If you have a till the till draw should open.
Payment refund options:
1. Procees DataPOS return from Sales register screen
Once DataPOS entry been processed sale appears in WMS Sales register screen.
Once you find your DataPOS sale you can process Return:
Open Sale > Select New Return Authority
2. Enter negative sale thru POS
3. Recall last sale and edit within same day
4. Park up to 4 sales and change if needed within same day
Using the DATAPOS with a cash drawer
NOTE * Cash drawers can come with direct connection to PC or connection via printer.
Cash Drawer Only
When a cash drawer is connected directly to the PC/Server/Network (not via a printer) the force drawer open functionality is set within the WMS.
Tools, Preferences, POS tab.
Select correct Port
"Always open cash draw on sale record"
Printer with a connected Cash Drawer
The printer settings need to be setup to open cash draw, not within the WMS.