This documents explains M3 green MC6500 Scanner configuration and setup.
You will need;
- Download all the attachments below prior to starting.
- USB Cable
- Power Supply
- Any Barcode to scan for testing/ customers real barcodes are ideal
- Your Wireless Network Settings
- The console and Telnet service Running on your server / PC with fixed Local IP.
- Wireless LAN with DHCP Ip assigning
Check the Telnet service is running within your network.
- On a PC connected to the network
- Go to Start, CMD.exe
- Type "Telnet (Your Telnet Host IP)"
- If telnet is not running review your telnet setup prior to continuing.
Connect the device to your PC.
- Put device in cradle
- Connect power supply to cradle and switch on
- Connect USB cable to cradle then to PC
- Windows Mobile Center should auto load, if not run attachment "WMDC.exe"
- Select "Connect without setting up your device"
Replace the startup config file
- Select "File Management" then "Browse the contents of your device"
- Navigate to "Computer\WindowsCE\Flash Disk\Startup"
- Replace file with below "M3.INI"
Setup Wavelink Telnet Software
- Download and Run "wltn_gen_armv4_7_1_00_as.exe"
- Run Created Shortcut "Wavelink GEN40 TelnetCE"
- Select "Import/Export Settings"
- Select "Import (load) emulation settings saved in a file"
- Select your downloaded "EmulationArchive.wltna" file (this contains both termcfg.bin and hostcfg.bin)
Enter variable Telnet Settings
- Click Host Profiles
- Select "Datapel"
- Enter Telnet Host IP (the server or PC that is hosting telnet should have a fixed local IP)
- Click OK
Load Wavelink and settings to device
- Select "Application and Config"
- Click "Yes" x 2
- ....waiting, you may need to click OK on scanner
- New Icon appears on desktop of scanner
Launch and test
- Reset the scanner by briefly pressing the rear reset button (DO NOT HARD RESET (a hard reset is done by holding down the button for more than 4 seconds))
- Ensure the device is connected to the network and has a valid within range network IP assigned by the network via DHCP
- Double click "TelnetCE"
- Enter to connect, enter user ID and password
- Test scanning and general functionality
This device does not support WPA2-PSK network security. During setup we used WAP-PSK and were successfulScanner button is on side of scanner