This is a known issue of MYOB AccountRight costing when creating a new Return if the item Buy UOM and Sell UOM are different, also if quantity on hand is zero.
This issue will only happen to:
- Item if Buy UOM and Sell UOM are different and also MYOB quantity on hand is zero
- Create a new Return
- Item Cost Value will be increased based on UOM.
For an example, item aaatest Buy UOM is 1000, Sell UOM is 1.
Last Purchase cost is $500/ 1000 units = $0.50.
If quantity on hand is more than 1, Sell and Return costing should no problem as:
Item Cost Value= Last PO cost ($500/ 1000 units = $0.50) x item sold quantity unit.
If quantity is 0 and following by a Return stock for quantity 100 units (100 pcs as UoM is 1):
Item Cost Value= Last PO cost ($500/1 UOM = $500) x 100 units = $50,000.00
- If there is new RA, please do not wait for overnight replication on sending new RA to MYOB.
- Please send the new RA to MYOB immediately.
- Then login MYOB to check and perform necessary cost adjustment if require as per following steps:
- Update the new RA quantity to 0.
- Look for the last Purchase, increase the receive quantity and update PO.
6. Revert the new RA quantity from 0 to original quantity and update RA.
7. Revert the Last PO quantity to original and update PO