The local IP addresses of the server and the router can be obtained using the ipconfig command.
1. Click on the Start Button
2. Click the Start button and click on Control Panel > Network Connections > Server Local Area Connection
3. Once the Server Local Area Connection window pops up, click the Support tab.
4. Write down the address alongside IP Address: This is the Server’s local IP address.
5. Write down the address alongside Default Gateway: This is the routers local IP address.
6. Click Close 7. Open Internet explorer by clicking Start, All Programs then Internet Explorer…
8. In the address bar enter the address: www.whatismyip.com
9. Once the page is loaded an IP address is shown as below, this is the external internet address for that server.