This document explains workflow for Transferring Stock from Location to Location or Bin to Bin.
- To move stock between Locations use WMS Explorer Transfer Register and click New Transfer.
- Select the Warehouse Location from where the stock will be shipped From then select the Warehouse Location where the stock will be shipped To:
- Select the Shipping Method – for internal Transfers just select TRANSFER or NONE depending on your setup.Check the User name is correct in the Transferred By: selection.
- Press Enter to select first item code to transfer from the pop-up list.
- Check the Location filter has the Warehouse where stock will be picked from selected. If the Location filter is not shown click Advanced… to show filters.
- Check the Quantity available and select the item from the list by Double-Clicking the item record, the Transfer form will now update.
- Enter the Quantity leaving all other entries as *, set Batch-Serial to ~ or Serial# of the stock item you are transferring.
- Repeat from Step 4 for each stock item that needs to be transferred.
- Press Tab or click in the Comment field to add any additional Transfer Notes.
- Click “Quick Transfer” for internal or Bin-To-Bin stock transfers; When Transferring stock between branches select “Record Transfer” and complete the Pick/Pack/Ship (Detailed Stock Transfer) workflow.
There is a preference that forces Transfers of Items between locations to be received via the Receiving Register.
Receiving Transfers assists in creating a clear audit trail of items leaving one location and arriving at another.
Receiving Transferred Goods creates a check point that insures all goods that were In Transit are accounted for on Receipt.