This document explains how to create special price schedules (SPS) for Customer Discounts.
- This feature requires the optional Special Pricing module for WMS.
- Ensure the SPS tag is switched on in Prefs.xml <WMSAsSPSSource>True</WMSAsSPSSource> (done by Datapel Support)
- Ensure that SPS is also switched on in Preferences (Sales tab) under "Use Special Pricing Schedules (SPS)"
- Special price uses best price , lowest price.
- If the same Item involved in two or more SPS setups then if any setup price set to 0 price and/or 0 discount then WMS will default to Base Sell Price. To resolve this issue please amend/delete zero value line or put 100% discount to give for free to re-calculate correct price.
Tools > Preferences > Sales setting - "Always use Item Special Price if available".
When this option is ON, Best price is ignored and the priority is individual Customer in special pricing then Group pricing.
Item Standard price = $800.00
SPS for the customer = $1000.00
SPS for the customer Group = $500.00
If "Always use Item Special Price if available" is ON, the customer sales will be charged $1000.00
If "Always use Item Special Price if available" is OFF, the customer sales will be charged $500.00
To create new Special Price schedule:
1. Login to WMS
2. Go to Sales Register
3. Select Actions > Special Pricing
4. Special Price List screen will Open
5. Select "New"
6. Select Customer, Date Range and add comment if required
7. Enter your Item/s or select Ctrl + Enter to open Stock Lookup Assistant and select from there.
8. Apply discount % for Item/s.
In Special pricing only can enter either discount percent in disc% OR price (after the discount) in the unit price column . It will reflect correctly when you create sales.
9. Record Special Prices
10. New Special Prices is ready for use
To apply Special Price discount on Sales:
- Open Sales register
- Create New Sales Order
- Select Customer and Items on special Discount
- Discount will automatically applied to these items as per Special Price Schedule.