This procedure should only be followed by a datapel support member or IT Administrators acting under the instruction of a datapel support member.
- Log into your windows server/application machine using the administrator username and password (or at the very least an administrator account).
- Log into the WMS, perform a Backup from the File menu and choose Backup.
- (If multiple workspaces (More than one WMS is installed on the computer) are present please review Multiple workspaces notes at the bottom of this article before proceeding)
- Browse to the installation folder for example "C:/Program Files (x86)/Datapel Systems"
- Create a Folder called "Update 1-1-2000" (Replace date with relevant date)
- Copy the entire Common Folder into this folder.
- Browse to the installation folder for example "C:/Program Files (x86)/Datapel Systems/Warehouse Management System" or "C:/Program Files (x86)/Datapel Systems/Inventory Controller"
- Backup all the files in this path to the "Update 1-1-2000" Folder with the exception of "Documents", "Reports", "Backup", "Database", "Logs" and any large files called "applog.txt"
- Open the file called "Workspace.xml" and note the forms and docstore Paths. If not already contained in the backup of the above path then backup these files to the backup folder.
- To backup the registry, select the start button, and select run, enter "regedit"
- expand folders to "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Datapel Systems]" or in the case of 64 bit machines "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Datapel Systems]"
- Right click on Datapel Systems folder and select export, save to backup folder.
NOTE: Before uninstalling WMS please check if customer have Breeze API installed and in use.
If customer using Breeze API please go to Servises and stop the DatapelListeningsService.exe and after new installer is installed start the service again.
- From the windows start menu choose Control Panel then select Add/Remove Programs or Program Features in Windows 2008 and above.
- Choose Inventory Controller or Warehouse Management System from the list of available applications and then click Uninstall.
- Once you have obtained a copy of the Installer, launch the application by Double-Clicking on the Setup package then follow these instructions to complete installation of the software. The software is downloadable at http://www.datapel.com/downloads/nfr-wmsinstall.exe
- Double Click the Setup package icon, once the installer launches choose NEXT to continue.
- To continue installation you are required to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA), please review this carefully and only choose Next if you have read, understood, and agree to the conditions of the EULA.
- Select the version you wish to install.
- It is recommended that program files are installed in the default C:\Program Files\ path. However this can be changed by browsing to another path on your hard disk(s). Note the installation path as this maybe required during initial Workspace configuration.
- For Windows Vista and above you have the option to install Inventory Controller for ALL USERS or a SINGLE USER. It is required that installation is completed for ALL USERS or it will not run.
- The required files will now be installed on your PC. This process may take several minutes to complete.
- Run UnrequiredIndexes.sql (File is in FTP) - This script needs to be run once for each customer - A new database will be added to the FTP partners/installers that already has the query processed on it.
- Using File Explorer browse to Program Files\Datapel Systems\Inventory Controller\Forms\Standard Forms\ a list of RPT files will be shown.
- These files need to be copied to the \Forms level. Follow these steps to complete Forms setup.
- Browse to the Forms\Standard Forms\ folder
- Select All and copy
- Select Live Forms folder as per the workspace file, paste in new set of STD forms
Note: If the company has customised forms these should be moved from the backup of forms back to the live forms folder after std forms have been copied.
Only for WMS Version 10
This is to be done before running WMS and maintenance replication
Run Readtables.sql query inside MYOBAPI\CeReader folder after EVERY WMS v10 update and new install until further notice
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Datapel Systems\Warehouse Management System\MYOBAPI\CeReader
- Test the WMS, login, replication, one new sale creation (delete after checking), run one form (sales or pick list) and one report (stock list).
- Update the support centre issue
- Place current software version on customers card details in the support Centre for future reference - Update Redmine on client's WMS version
In the case of multiple workspaces many workspace.xml files may be present. The will be named as per the workspace name listed under "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Datapel Systems\Connectivity]" or in the case of 64 bit machines "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Datapel Systems\Connectivity]"
Workspaces share most parts of the application, however the following parts are not normally shared and should be backed up for each workspace.
- Prefs.xml - can be stored in a folder in the installation folder with the same name as the workspace.xml file, otherwise std prefs file is used.