This documents explains a possible solution to scan pick / pack or items in QUICK DESPATCH when a code will not scan because it is damaged or missing.
1: Use the QUICK DESPATCH scan pick procedure as normal. Scan Quick - then scan PICK - scan each item barcode.
2: WHEN A CODE GOES BAD - or is missing - you need to complete the pick using the MANUAL PICKING form.
3: Scan ALL WORKING CODES FIRST and put the BAD SCAN product to one side.
4: Scan PICK to CONFIRM and complete the current pick - the order status should show PART-PICKED.
5: Scan CANCEL to return to the DESPATCH REGISTER
MANUALLY COMPLETING THE PICK USING THE PICK STOCK SHORT-CUT:
1. Locate the Order in the Despatch Register - DOUBLE CLICK or from the short cuts click PICK ORDER.
2. Double-Click the item with the BAD SCAN CODE - it should have a status of RTP!
3. In the MANUAL PICK - select/pick the item batch or if required click ADD SERIAL#
4. Type in the SERIAL# check it conforms and click YES to add the serial number.
5. REPEAT FOR EACH BAD SCAN CODE.
6. If any other items are RTP (for example Freight) - Click Pick Stock to fully pick the order.
7. Now CLICK FAST PACK or CLOSE the form and scan the Order Barcode to return to the QUICK DESPATCH workflow.
This workflow must be used when an item DOES NOT HAVE A BARCODE which can occur with new product - or a label is missing from the item itself.