f you run your MYOB Companyfile by connecting to a network drive then this is one of the LEAST EFFICIENT ways to run MYOB.
The best way is to have the MYOB Companyfile on a server and have user connect via terminal server.
This is to avoid MYOB running slow or user lock-out or file corruption.This document explains how to relink the WMS to the correct MYOB datafile after an MYOB Update, MYOB datafile restore, windows location or datafile name change.
- Log In to WMS as superuser, then from the menu select Tools > Connect > Configuration…
- Verify the MYOB Companyfile Location is correct.
- If not click the … command button to browse to the new/moved MYOB Companyfile.
- Select the file and click “Open”.
- Typically the username and password have been configured by your Datapel partner and should not be changed.
- Select OK, then Yes to confirm the update.
- Select Tools > Connect > Replicate.
- A successful replication indicates the selected MYOB file is now linked with the WMS
- Never connect to : A different Companyfile that was not the original source of the workspace - this includes: NEW MYOB companyfiles, Companyfiles with a different ABN, customer list, stock list or different business activity.
- WMS will NEVER merge MYOB Companyfiles - or append existing data to a NEW/RECREATED company file
- If you run your MYOB Companyfile by connecting to a network drive then this is one of the LEAST EFFICIENT ways to run MYOB. The best way is to have the MYOB Companyfile on a server and have user connect via terminal server. This is to avoid MYOB running slow or user lock-out or file corruption.
- In all cases it is recommended to contact Datapel support should you need to change the Companyfile path or filename prior to synchronizing your existing workspace.
If changing the MYOB data file location on the network file system you must inform your IT administrator to ensure all the correct permissions are set and all users can access the MYOB file.