Bill Of Materials (BOM), like AutoBuild information, is the list of items required to build a new inventory (Assembled) item.
For example, the Bill Of Materials (BOM) for a Café Latte would be Coffee, Water, Milk, and Sugar.
Typically the BOM does not vary and is expressed in the quantity required to produce a single built item.
To create a Bill Of Materials (BOM):
1. Open WMS
2. Go to Items list register
3. Highlight the Assembly item that you require to create BOM
4. Open up Inventory detail card > Go to Settings > make sure you tick the box
5. After this action, Component Tab will appear between Details Tab and Pricing Tab
6. Select "Components Tab."
7. To start to create a new BOM, please select "Edit Bill of Materials (BOM)…."
8. New Bill of Materials entry screen will open.
9. Enter quantity required to produce a single built item
10. Enter all components by manually entering items, selecting Ctrl+Enter to use Stock Lookup assistant and choosing multiple items.
11. Enter component unit quantity to produce a single built item.
12. Record BOM
The Bill Of Materials identifies all component items required to build an Assembled item.
A Work Order is an instruction to create new stock.
The Work Order moves through the manufacturing workflow and has components assigned to it (removed from stock) and will ultimately add assembled stock to warehouse inventory.
To export Bill of Materials (BOM), please open Assembly Inventory card > go to Components Tab > Select.
To import Bill of Materials (BOM), please open Assembly Inventory card > go to Components Tab > Select.