To support Discounting by Product Group or Brand the WMS uses the Special Pricing Schedule (SPS) and NONINVENTORY items that identify the Brand/Group being discounted.
Allocate brands as custom list fields (you must only use CUSTOMLIST#1)
Items are associated with a BRAND or GROUP using CUSTOMLIST#1. The field chosen in CUSTOMLIST#1 indicates the BRAND or GROUP of the item.
For example you could have a CUSTOMLIST option of ALine or DATAPEL as your product group or as a brand.
- This feature requires the optional Special Pricing module for WMS.
- Ensure the SPS tag is switched on in Prefs.xml <WMSAsSPSSource>True</WMSAsSPSSource> (done by Datapel Support)
- Ensure that SPS is also switched on in Preferences (Sales tab) under "Use Special Pricing Schedules (SPS)"
- Special price uses best price , lowest price.
- If the same Item involved in two or more SPS setups then if any setup price set to 0 price and/or 0 discount then WMS will default to Base Sell Price. To resolve this issue please amend/delete zero value line or put 100% discount to give for free to re-calculate correct price.
Tools > Preferences > Sales setting - "Always use Item Special Price if available".
When this option is ON, Best price is ignored and the priority is individual Customer in special pricing then Group pricing.
Item Standard price = $800.00
SPS for the customer = $1000.00
SPS for the customer Group = $500.00
If "Always use Item Special Price if available" is ON, the customer sales will be charged $1000.00
If "Always use Item Special Price if available" is OFF, the customer sales will be charged $500.00
Create brand group items
To allow discounts to be APPLIED a NON-INVENTORY ITEM is created with its ITEM NUMBER as the CUSTOMLIST Brand or Group field name. The item name is usually set to read BRAND or GROUP ITEM.
IMPORTANT: CUSTOMLIST#1 and the ITEM NUMBER must be an exact match for the Item to be recognized as a BRAND / GROUP identifier.
1.Open MYOB – login to your company file. Select the LISTS menu then click Custom Lists and Field Names, now click the Items Tab.
2. It is recommended that Custom List #1 be replaced with BRAND or GROUP.
3. Again select the LISTS menu then click Custom Lists – Items. Here you create all possible Brand or Group labels that will be used in associating items with Brands or Groups.
4. For each of these LIST ITEMS, a NON-INVENTORY BRAND/GROUP item must be created. Remember that the Item Number must correspond with the Custom List#1 selection.
* Item Customlist and Item number must match
* The Brand/Grouping Item should have a price set to $0.
5. Apply Brand to all your required stock Items
6. Open WMS
7. Perform Maintenance Replication