Sometimes, it is required to uninstall previous ODBC driver(s).
1. Make sure you are logged onto the server as an Administrator or as a user that is an administrator.
2. Make sure all programs are closed before following the next steps.
3. Open the Data Source Administrator by click Start > Administrative Tools > Data Source (ODBC)
4. In the list of User Data Sources, click on each one using the MYOB_ODBC Driver and press Configure. Write down the details of the Data Source and press OK.
If the server has any other THIRD PARTY MYOB ADD-ON software products installed, you should contact DATAPEL IMMEDIATELY.
6. Select the entries, one at a time, using MYOB_ODBC and press the Remove button.
7. Next, click the System DSN Tab and repeat steps 4 and 5.
Any Data Sources using MYOB_ODBC that are leftover can corrupt a new Installation. Make sure you remove ALL DSN entries using the MYOB_ODBC driver.
Don’t forget to press the configure button before removing each Data Source and write down the details so it can be created again if required once the installation of the new MYOB ODBC driver is complete.
8. Press OK to close the ODBC Data Source Administrator.
9. Open Add or Remove Programs by Clicking Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
10. Locate MYOB ODBC in the list and click on it.
11. Press the Change/Remove button.
12. When the InstallShield wizard loads, select the Remove option and press Next.
13. During the uninstall process, you may receive the following warning about Shared Files. Tick the option “Don’t display this message again” and press “Yes”.
14. During the uninstall process, you may also receive the following warning about reading Only Files. Tick the option “Don’t display this message again” and press “Yes”.
15. Once the Uninstall is complete. Press Finish.
16. Close the Add or Remove Programs Windows
Only complete the following steps if the uninstall of MYOB ODBC completed successfully.
17. Open windows explorer by right-clicking on Start and clicking “Explorer”.
18. Locate Drive C and branch out the contents by clicking on the plus sign next to it.
19. Scroll down the list of folders to find “MYOBODBC.”
20. Once located, right-click on the folder “MYOBODBC” and click Delete. A normal uninstall will remove this folder automatically.