This document explains Purchase order batch management workflow.
- In the receiving, if the "Use Batch Serial Nums by Line" is ticked, you will see a column in Receiving called "Batch Serial" .This is to enter own serial numbers by manually or use the AUTO serial generated by system.
- If the batch serial is NOT ticked,then the Batch Serial column will not appear in Receiving and you have the selection using drop-down box to select serial number to be applied for all the items example using "PO as Batch serial .
3. The setting to turn this on and off is in Tools>Preference>Barcodes
Always Track Serial Numbers in Receiving.
On or Off
On = Asks Users to record a serial/batch number when receiving items
Steps to enter Batch Serial Number
1. Click in the Qty column to enter value> then hit ENTER until cursor move the next column
2. While in Batch serial column, hit backspace to remove the tilde ~ > hit ENTER to see AUTO# .
- If you need to enter your own preferred serial number then remove the #AUTO and enter the new serial.
3. Check the settings in Preference > Inventory , choose the serial code format because this is what the system use to auto populate AUTO batch serial number in Receiving.
Example format output:-
To enable batch serial number for individual item/product
- Go to Items List register
- Select Item and Open Items Inventory Card
- Open Settings Tab
- Tick box for "This item is batch-serial number tracked"