WMS provides two methods of payment entry.
Single payment entry*
For entry of a single payment before dispatching an order, best used for cash sale customers or retail frontage payment entry. When this method is used, the payment is sent into Accounting software attached to the invoiced in the paid today field.
For businesses who accept several part payments or deposits and balance payments per order before or post-dispatch goods. When this method is used, the payment is sent into Accounting software manually either prior or post to invoicing the sale into Accounting software. The payment is attached to a blank invoice with the same invoice as the original transaction, and the payment is in the paid today field. This payment can then be applied against the invoice when it is finalised.
* This option is the standard option.
Payments can not be applied or reviewed for QUOTE, RETURN or HISTORIC Sales.
Turn ON Multi payments method:
Turning ON Multi payment method will automatically disable single payment.
Logon to WMS as Superuser.
Go to Options (on the top right) > Preferences > Sales Workflow Settings > Allow Multiple payments for Sales Orders.
Entering a single payment
1. Enter sale as per normal method or open existing sale.
2. Select » next to the payments box or click on the payments tab.
3. Click the grey box containing to load the full amount of the sale or type in the payment amount.
4. Select the payment method from the drop-down list.
5. Enter a payment note if required.
6. Click the » or click off the payments tab to return to the sale order to make any changes OR click update sale order OR click save sale order OR click drill to dispatch.
Entering a Multi payment
Set Multi payment preference as per instructions above.
1. Enter sale as per normal method or open existing sale
2. Select » next to the payments box.
3. Click the New Payment Button to enable the payment entry fields.
4. Enter the payment amount and select the payment method from the drop-down list.
5. Enter the applied date, the Salesperson and a payment Comment if required.
6. Click the Add... button to record the payment.
7. If you would like to send the payment to Accounting Software now, select the “Send payment to Accounting” option; you may be asked to record the changes before proceeding; select yes.
8. Payment successfully sent message will appear. To return to the sale order, you can now close the window or select the “Back to Sale order option.”
9. Make any changes required to the sale OR click update sale order OR click save sale order OR click drill to dispatch.
Payments can be sent over at any time; return to the payment entry window in the sale, highlight the payment to be sent and select “Send payment to Accounting” payment has been sent when you can see a green tick on the payment line.
After the Sale is Shipped and Closed
10. Make sure all payments have been sent from WMS.
11. Open Accounting software.
Open Sales > Sales register > Returns and Credits
Open Business Invoices Paid (example below)
Apply the payments to the corresponding invoice.
As an additional check, all unsent multi-payment is sent during the overnight scheduled replication task.
At this stage, WMS can only send the payment to one account. WMS can not send payment to different account based on payment type.
Datapel recommends sending payment to undeposited funds account as per below MYOB article http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/About+undeposited+funds.
WMS send payment to account selected as income account in MYOB.