This document explains how to Lockdown a Windows Mobile Device to prevent users using other Windows features/application on the Handheld.
When you configure TE Client lockdown, make sure you record passwords and key sequences in against the clients support file.
You will need to set lockdown via Configuration Manager and upload settings to Handheld.
1. Locate the Wavelink Application on the PC or Server and open it.
If you do not already have application installed, you can go to the Wavelink Website and download the application via model/OS type.
2. Within Application Select the Host Profiles.
3. Within Host Profile,
a) Select existing profile or Create New Profile.
b) Select Configuration Tab and Click Modify - this will access the Configuration Manager.
4. Within the Configuration Manager, change the following Emulation > Common Parameter Settings;
a) RF Config Password - Configure a secure password
b) Term Config Password - Configure a secure password
c) Program Exit Password - Configure a secure password
d) Program Exit Key - Configure an exit key
5. Within the Configuration Manager, change the following Emulation > Display Parameter Settings;
1) WinCE Hide Start Menu
2) WinCE Hide Menu*
3) WinCE Menu Toggle Key* - Do not configure a toggle key (by default, no toggle key is configured)
* Hiding and preventing access to the TE Client is not mandatory to locking down TE, but provides an additional layer of security.
6: Save the configuration and download it to the mobile device/s.
See Attached Manual for a complete guide.