Datapel WMS supports several Data Exchange interfaces. For example, using the DataEx interface configuration information can be IMPORTED and EXPORTED from the WMS database. This feature allows Administrators or Consultants to quickly configure the Inventory Management System Workspace with datasets already prepared in Excel or via export from other systems.
Likewise, information entered or captured by a WMS workspace can be exported to provide External Systems indirect access to stock tracking datasets.
The format supported is:
CSV (Comma Separated Variables)
The following support note describes how WMS multiple item barcode files should be formed and imported into the WMS.
1. Create a folder that will be used to hold Import/Export files.
It is recommended that their import/export type name .csv file. (Multiple item barcodes, Transactions, Items, Suppliers, Customers, Shipping Methods, Custom Lists, Users)
2. Once preparations are complete within Excel, save the transaction import file as a CSV (Comma Delimited).
3. Within Item List Registry, select any item and open the Inventory Detail screen.
4. Within Inventory Detail screen Select More Barcodes...
6. Clear Article code box.
7. Select Search.
8. Select export.
9. Save to preferred Location.
10. Open Microsoft Excel.
11. Import data from a Text file.
12. Select options, delimited, comma, columns all as text format.
13. Update excel file as required.
14. Save as CSV.
15. Backup WMS
16. Go to the Item list.
17. Double click item.
18. Select more barcodes on the bottom right.
19. Select Import CSV Barcodes
20. Browse for the .csv file. Once selected, Open File.
To check the system details of import, the Status Report should be used.
Multiple Barcode HEADERS and FIELDS
The table below provides an overview of the ITEM headers and a description of each field.
Attached is an example Multiple Barcode Import CSV File.
Item Number of Item. Used to ID item product.
Additional Barcode Number for item.
Scan Unit Quantity
Scan Unit Quantity of Measure for the additional barcode. One is default.
Description of Additional Barcode