Stock can be transferred internally due to many reasons.
For example, damage occurs to or storage system in the warehouse.
WMS can track items by many bin locations in the warehouse. Moreover, WMS can transfer items internally and view the stock in each Bin.
1. To move stock, use WMS Explorer Transfer Register and click New Transfer.
2. Select the Warehouse Location from where the stock will be shipped From then
select the Warehouse Location where the stock will be shipped To: (for the internal transfer, both locations are the same)
3. Select the Shipping Method for internal Transfers, just select TRANSFER or NONE depending on your setup. Check the User name is correct in the Transferred
By: selection. Add Ship Methods to Accounting Software if required for different transfer methods.
4. Press Enter to select the first item code to transfer from the pop-up list.
5. Then select the article needed to move and select the TO BIN as required.
(A2 or Damage)
( In the comments section, you can mention the reasons for internal transfer.)
6. Repeat from Step 4 for each stock item that needs to be transferred.
If the list is OK, click QUICK, and the stock will be moved. ( The Quick Transfer skips the Picking, Packing, Shipping and Closing workflows – goes straight to close)
Advanced Transfer functionality
Advanced transfer functionality allows you to pull all batches, expiry dates and quantities from and to your selected location.
1. Select the Item Register.
2. From the Shortcut sidebar, click New Transfer Order.
3. The Transfer form requires from and to locations. Select to and from Locations.
4. Select Transferred By user to activate Advanced functionality.
5. Select the drill-down box next to the Transferred By field.
6. New section below will be activated.
7. Select your preferred From Location selection. You have options such as Any Bin/Default Bin/Overflow Bin or Batch Numbers and Lot numbers.
If you select Any Bin/Default Bin/Overflow Bin or Receive Bin, the system will pull these Bins for chosen items.
The drill box next to the selection allows you to view your Bin list and edit/add new Bins.
If you select Batch or Lot number, then you will need to type your selection manually:
8. Select your preferred Destination selection.
9. Select your items or show all.
Drill box will activate stock lookup assistance for your selection. Once items are selected, press "Use Selected."
10. Once all fields are selected, click "Find."
11. Confirm Transfer search by selection Continue. If you already had some manually entered transfer lines by selection Overwrite system will clear any existing lines and populate your transfer search selection only.
12. All selected Items will be populated on the screen.
13. Review results and select "Record Transfer" or "Drill to Despatch" to fulfil the Order.
Once a Transfer is recorded, the transfer order lines and general details can be updated, removed, or added in a similar method to sales order lines by right-clicking over the transfer grid rows.
Paste From Clipboard
Ability to paste from Clipboard into the Stock ReOrder form.
When ready to paste, select "Paste From Clipboard."
"*" Bin should not be used, and *is a particular case. *bin refers to mix bin (it's not a BIN), and it randomly can pick from any bin and cause the system to pick from the same Bin. It is bad to use * bin and might need to revise the workflow.
If no bin needs to be used, the user must create the NOSLOT bin and assign that.